Early in the 19th Century, between Yonge and Bathurst Streets just south from Front Street, the Harbourfront neighbourhood was developed from the local landfill. For the following 150 years, it was a commercial port with cranes, freight yards, railroad tracks, warehouses, and factories, as well as the huge Queens Quay Terminal. Due to the port activities, this lake shore stretch of real estate was separated from the city but all that changed in 1972 with the emergence of the Harbourfront Corporation.
The most dramatic change came to the Terminal building itself. It was completely renovated from the largest North American warehouse into a conglomeration of offices, restaurants, chic boutiques and shops, and elite condominiums combined under one roof.
Today, waterfront neighbourhood real estate includes the renowned Skydome, Air Canada Centre, the CN Tower, and the Harbour Antique Market. Toronto’s “playground by the lake” is now a wonderful mix of art galleries, theatres, Queens Quay West specialty shopping, and a large array of cultural and recreational activities. In fact, the Harbourfront Centre alone hosts close to 4000 yearly events from jazz festivals to sailing lessons. Then too, tourists and local residents can take a quick ferry ride to the beautiful Toronto Islands, or take a leisurely walk to visit the St. Lawrence Market.
The largest concentration of condo buildings in Toronto is located in the Waterfront area with almost all having been built since 1980. However, the construction continues. With the Queen’s Quay streetcar connecting Harbourfront with Union Station, GO transit, and the subway, and making stops at most condo buildings, and with Gardiner and Lake Shore Blvd. giving quick access in and out of Toronto, the condo lifestyle is becoming quite popular in this magnificent city.
Listed below you will find more detailed information about the individual Condo & Loft buildings along the West Toronto Waterfront, including the wide variety of amenities offered:
- BEYOND THE SEA (2230, 2242, 2246 Lake Shore Boulevard West)
- GRAND HARBOUR (2285, 2287, 2289 Lake Shore Boulevard West)
- GRENADIER LANDING (5 Marine Parade Drive)
- MARINA DEL REY (2261, 2267, 2269 Lake Shore Boulevard West)
- MYSTIC POINTE (200, 250, 300 Manitoba Street)
- NAUTILUS (Lake Shore Boulevard West & Parklawn)
- NEVIS CONDOS (80 & 88 Palace Pier Court)
- NEWPORT BEACH (2111 Lake Shore Boulevard West)
- PALACE PIER (2045 Lake Shore Boulevard West)
- PALACE PLACE (1 Palace Pier Court)
- PARK LAKE RESIDENCES (1900 Lake Shore Boulevard West)
- SOUTH HAMPTON (1 Ripley Avenue)
- SOUTHPORT STREET (45, 60, 65 Southport Street, 35 Ormskirk Avenue)
- WATERFORD RESIDENCES (2083, 2087, 2095 Lake Shore Boulevard West)
For more Condo & Loft Information
For more Listings in the West Toronto Waterfront Area
<<Back to Neighbourhoods At A Glance